As a Lutheran school, our goal is to proclaim, teach, and apply faithfully the Word of God in all courses of instruction in keeping with the Holy Scriptures. In doing so, we strive to meet or exceed guidelines provided by the state of Minnesota and the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod by delivering a quality academic curriculum. Through this curriculum, our teachers guide each child to:
Word of God/Religion (Christ-Light®, Catechism, Hymns)
- Realize God’s forgiveness is for all people, and he/she is a redeemed son/daughter of the Savior.
- Understand the importance of daily study and application of God’s Word.
- Be motivated to spread the news of salvation because of the Savior’s love for them.
Language Arts (Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening)
- Read the Scriptures for inspiration, edification, and instruction.
- Develop and reinforce skills in effective listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Evaluate what is communicated in the world according to God’s Word.
- Communicate in order to spread God’s Word and serve others.
Mathematics & Algebra
- Recognize the order of God's creation through the theories of mathematics.
- Develop problem solving strategies and concepts by using manipulatives, visuals, print, and technology.
- Gain a broad perspective of mathematics content, structure, and the interrelationships among the various mathematical areas.
- Become competent in the use of technological tools for thinking and learning.
Science & Health
- Accept in faith the biblical account of heaven and earth.
- Appreciate the beauty and wonder of God’s creation.
- Value and conserve the natural resources God has given us.
Social Studies (History, Geography, Social Sciences, Civics)
- Grow to be a productive citizen with a positive influence in the community--the "salt of the earth” and the "light of the world” (Matthew 5:13-16).
- Respect our government and be thankful for our country’s blessings.
- Identify a "world-view,” that he/she may better understand God’s guiding hand in the world, and better function in his/her home, community, and nation.
- Analyze the blessings showered on the world by the grace of God and therefore be filled with a greater desire to thank and praise, serve and obey our God.
- Evaluate other cultures throughout the world by the standards of God’s Word.
- Realize the need to spread the Gospel to the whole world.
Fine Arts (Music, Art Concepts)
- Develop God-given talents to express thoughts, feelings, and faith through the arts.
- Learn to appreciate the beauty of music, drama, and visual arts.
- Use talents and skills in the fine arts as opportunities for expressing faith and joy.
- Learn to appreciate and value life as a gift of God.
- Treat his/her body as a temple of the Holy Spirit.
- Receive physical benefits through active participation in fitness programs.
- Learn to appreciate and value technology as a gift of God.
- Learn to use technology as a tool in spreading God’s Word.
- Learn the God-pleasing and respectable use of technology in our society.
- Learn to use and apply the tools of technology in all areas of life.
All is done with the end goal of preparing students as disciples of Jesus Christ in this life and in the life to come.
In order to keep our instruction consistently Christ-centered and as current as possible, our staff holds regular meetings and staff development sessions, and attends professional conferences, seminars, and continuing education courses.